Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Num! and Nummer!!

My love of food and cooking is spreading to my children.  My 19 year old son loves food.  I know ~ duh!! ~ don't all 19 year olds love food?? But this kid can cook!!  He made some blueberry belgian waffles from scratch today.  I taught him once how to make the blueberry sauce and now he's a master!

Voila ~ his latest creation. 



Sorry there's a few bites missing in the photo; I grabbed this shot before the whole thing disappeared....He let me have a bite and it was nummy!   Hence the title...num and nummer.  Get it?  Sorry ~ couldn't resist that one.

The recipe:
Waffles:
2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Stir together milk, oil, and eggs.  Gradually add milk mixture to the dry ingredients.  Stir until just blended.  Pour batter onto waffle baker.  Makes 4 1/2 cups batter.

Sauce:
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 to 1/2 cup water (you decide how saucy)
1 tbsp cornstarch

Bring to boil and then reduce and cook until thickened.  Pour over waffles.

Until next time!

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vegan Breakfast Cookies

 I keep being asked for this recipe, so here it is: 5 bananas 4-5 cups of oats 1 1/2 cups chopped dates softened  in boiling water 1 1/2 cup...