Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Using what we have on hand...

Today was one of those days where the pantry is almost bare and we need to do a grocery shop.  We also needed lunch.  I knew I had some frozen spinach in the freezer, and we had cheese.  I also spied the leftover tomato and onion slices from last night's epic burgers made by our son.  I asked my hubby if he thought spinach and cheese muffins would suffice for today's "use what we have on hand"  lunch. Affirmative.

So I set to making these muffins --- Savoury spinach, tomato and cheese muffins.

Here you go!  I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Spinach, Tomato and Cheese Muffins

375 degrees
20 minutes

2 cups flour
3 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder 
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter

1 small onion diced
1/2 cup chopped tomato
3/4 cup of defrosted spinach (you can also use fresh chopped finely if that's what is left in your fridge.

Mix flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder into large mixing bowl.  Melt butter.  Add egg, milk, and veggies.  Stir to mix.

Add to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.  Fill muffin pans  2/3 full and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until dry when a toothpick is inserted.

Serve warm out of the oven with butter and a bowl of soup or favourite salad!

My hubby loves them with lots of butter. :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vegan Breakfast Cookies

 I keep being asked for this recipe, so here it is: 5 bananas 4-5 cups of oats 1 1/2 cups chopped dates softened  in boiling water 1 1/2 cup...