Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blogging Hiatus...But Back at it!

I was out of town for a time but have a renewed my enthusiasm for eating from what we have.  My husband wanted to shop for dinner tonight but I renewed my enthusiasm to keep on track so here's what we had for dinner:

Bow Tie Pasta
Can of Okra that I'm sure I've had for over 10 years
Canned Tomatoes
Fresh Celery and Onions
Canned Tuna

I sauteed the onions and celery then added the drained okra and tuna and then the tin of tomatoes and tossed it with the bow tie pasta.  Just a sprinkle of cheese.  It was amazing!!!  The okra had a nice tartness to it; sorta like a pickle, but more subdued.  Add the celery, onions and tomatoes and it was just right.

Until next time!

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vegan Breakfast Cookies

 I keep being asked for this recipe, so here it is: 5 bananas 4-5 cups of oats 1 1/2 cups chopped dates softened  in boiling water 1 1/2 cup...