Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friday night ... and the meal plan is .....

Maui ribs from Red Barn Market (the absolute yummiest!) with baked potatoes (from the pantry) and a spinach concoction that was loved by all and used up frozen spinach from the freezer.  We also had some leftover brie cheese that needed to be used soon or would end up in the garbage.  So I created the yummiest spinach dish I think I've every had (with the exception of spanakopita which I'm sure why spinach was invented in the first place!)

Cheesy Spinach

1 pkg frozen chopped (or whole) spinach (I used chopped)
2 tbsp chopped up brie without the skin
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour


Boil spinach until cooked.  Drain carefully and return to pot.  Add butter, chopped brie cheese, and sprinkle in flour slowly to thicken.  Serve!

Here's a picture of my plate last night:


I know the spinach looks like a green blob...you'll just have to believe me that it was superb!  The brie flavour was delicate and made the consistency just right.  Not too creamy.  In a word ~ wonderful!

And I used veggies from the freezer that were getting freezer burnt.  The ribs were a splurge.  My husband was 'window shopping' while waiting for my son's doctor's appointment to end so he wandered in to the Red Barn and found the ribs.  Temptation overtook him but we were all thankful for the treat!

Until next time...Bon Appetit!

Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vegan Breakfast Cookies

 I keep being asked for this recipe, so here it is: 5 bananas 4-5 cups of oats 1 1/2 cups chopped dates softened  in boiling water 1 1/2 cup...