Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 4 - How the Mighty Have Fallen!!

Friday night is a notoriously bad time for weakening my resolve to stick to healthy eating.  I know for our family, if there's a night where it is going to be take-out, either Chinese food (around $35.00 for the family) or Pizza (around $25.00 for the family), it will be Friday, after Mom has worked a long week and lacks energy and enthusiasm.

I knew this would not sit well with my friends in the blogosphere so there was no way I was going to go the take-out route for last night, given my commitment and all!  That didn't change the fact that I came home exhausted and had no creative juices flowing.

My previous nightly ride home on the bus produced a really great idea as I sat gazing out the window!  Tony was different ~ my blank stare out the window produced this:  "Do we have pork and beans?" was the email missive I sent from my blackberry to my husband. Sad, I know, but that's all I had energy for...beans on toast would work just fine, thank you very much!

Well, we didn't have any pork and beans but we did have some 97% fat free cans of chili in the pantry.  Voila...dinner!   He pulled a loaf of bread out of the freezer, I heated up the chili and no complaints from the family.  And, it fit into the Weight Watchers program too...bonus!

Here's the picture, sad as it is, from last night's dinner:



Day 5 will hold a little more creativity, I'm sure.  After all, it's Saturday.  I love Saturday.

Until tomorrow,
Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vegan Breakfast Cookies

 I keep being asked for this recipe, so here it is: 5 bananas 4-5 cups of oats 1 1/2 cups chopped dates softened  in boiling water 1 1/2 cup...