Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 5 - Later that same day...

Well, I thought the memory card was in the camera!  But I was mistaken.

Sorry folks ~ no pictures but I'll try and give you word pictures instead.

The muffins ~ I used a basic cheddar cheese muffin recipe from the Best of Bridge but did my own version.  First I used the remaining buttermilk in the carton, a bit of milk and then added some Bolthouse Yogurt Dressing (Ranch flavour) to make up the balance of the liquid to match the recipe.  I added cheddar cheese and chopped fresh spinach AND the Epicurian Foccacia bread spice.  They were moist, fragrant and lovely.

The soup turned out great.  I threw the remainder of the spinach in about 5 minutes before serving as the muffins were finishing in the oven.

My daughter made a delicious chocolate pudding cake to satisfy her chocolate craving...so we even got dessert from stuff already in the house!

First day of grocery shopping since Monday so that's not too bad.  Just the essentials mind you.  No extravagant expenses!

Bon Appetit and I hope you come back tomorrow!

Mavis

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Mavis- we've been only eating out of our pantry and freezer for the past couple weeks too...fresh veg's and milk purchases only. Maybe I should blog on it too! www.knitsprout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Vegan Breakfast Cookies

 I keep being asked for this recipe, so here it is: 5 bananas 4-5 cups of oats 1 1/2 cups chopped dates softened  in boiling water 1 1/2 cup...