Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 5 - Saturday...a more relaxed day.

Hello foodie friends,

Saturday is my favourite day of the week.  I can slowly wake up without having to dash out the door to work, I can linger in my jammies and I can really enjoy my coffee leisurely.  Today happened to be my quilting day at our church (my other blog has highlights of that:  http://dayspringquilter.blogspot.com).  I did have to shed the jammies for my casual Saturday clothes and still had to leave the house but it is fun!  We have lots of babies on the way in our congregation so we have lots of sewing to do.  So, we sewed from about 9:30 until noon.  On the way home I stopped at the Red Barn Market, where I was able to grab some great fruit and veggies for $21.60.  I had in mind to make some soup for supper.

I also have some bookkeeping work to do this afternoon, so there's nothing quite like a pot of soup simmering on the stove while I'm doing another task.  The wonderful smell is the promise that at the end of the day there will be something enjoyable at the table.

I have some Foccacia bread spice mix on my shelf from Victorian Epicure.  I don't have time to make some Foccacia bread to go with our soup, but I'm wondering what some savory muffins might be like with some spinach, buttermilk, and some of this spice.  Sounds yummy to me.  And muffins only take about 1/2 hour so I can think about that later.

While the soup is simmering, I must get down to some work.  I'll post pictures later.

Ciao!
Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vegan Breakfast Cookies

 I keep being asked for this recipe, so here it is: 5 bananas 4-5 cups of oats 1 1/2 cups chopped dates softened  in boiling water 1 1/2 cup...